Who is Flourish Financial?
- A Christian non-profit established to LEND capital to small and growing businesses anywhere in the world.
- We provide Canadian investors the opportunity to LEARN about poverty alleviation and the significant impact these businesses can have on their local economies and communities.]
- We also provide the possibility to extend LOVE to these communities through the building of relationships.
Who are we trying to help?
- Organizations that facilitate income generating initiatives on behalf of others and/or directly with individual entrepreneurs that want to scale their business ventures.
- Communities where these businesses are located through the broader socio-economic benefits of expanding and growing businesses, including job creation, improved infrastructure and enhanced value in the supply chain.
- Members of Flourish Financial through opportunities to learn more about economic development, combating poverty, the impact that growing businesses can have on their communities, and opportunities to develop relationships with these business people.
How do we help?
- Provision of capital at reasonable interest rates to entrepreneurs who have no or limited access to capital with the goal of helping them to grow their businesses.
- Giving the opportunity to Flourish Financial members to communicate with entrepreneurs that Flourish Financial provides capital to and in some cases the opportunity to mentor them.
Who are our ideal lending partners?
- Organizations who share Flourish Financial’s vision and mission to support entrepreneurs who wish to create jobs and develop local communities that are currently existing at or below the poverty line.
- Have a strong business model, including the business / financial expertise and experience.
- Can demonstrate a significant entrepreneurial need, opportunity and measurable impact goals.
- Can provide timely project reports that accurately reflect key deliverables and outcomes.
- Open to fostering a good communication relationship between Flourish members and investment partners.
- Place a high priority on business management training and leadership development.
- We are funding organizations with loans that have a term of between 1 and 5 years.